Sunita Ahuja Withdraws Divorce Case Against Govinda, Manager Confirms
Sunita Ahuja has withdrawn her divorce petition against Govinda, the actor's manager Shashi Sinha confirmed, saying there is no separation between the couple.
Commentary & Analysis ·

After months of headlines about the state of one of Hindi cinema's longest-running marriages, the news arrived in a single sentence from Govinda's manager. Sunita Ahuja has withdrawn the divorce case she had filed against the actor, Shashi Sinha confirmed on Wednesday, in remarks first carried by SCREEN and The Indian Express.
- Sunita Ahuja has withdrawn her divorce case against Govinda, the actor's manager Shashi Sinha confirmed, per The Indian Express.
- Sinha told SCREEN there is "no separation" between the couple and called the withdrawal "happy news".
- NDTV reports the manager confirming the withdrawal, ending months of public speculation about the marriage.
- The divorce petition had reportedly been filed at Bandra family court on 5 December 2024, per The Indian Express.
- Free Press Journal reports Sunita Ahuja was seen outside the Mumbai family court before the confirmation, with the actor's team saying all is well between the two.
- Govinda and Sunita Ahuja have been married since 1987 and have two children, Tina and Yashvardhan.
"Sunita ji has withdrawn the divorce case against Govinda; there is no separation," Sinha said, calling the development "happy news". NDTV and the Times of India carried the same confirmation within hours, and Filmfare and Cinema Express followed, making it the most widely reported entertainment story of the day.
What the manager said
Sinha's fuller statement was notable for how directly it addressed the saga's public nature. "Whatever she said, she felt that way at the time and has now taken the case back," he told SCREEN, adding that his only regret was that the matter had become so public. He described Govinda and the children as "neutral" about the decision and framed the withdrawal as a family returning to normal.
Free Press Journal reported that Sunita Ahuja had been spotted outside the Mumbai family court earlier in the day, with the actor's team telling the outlet that things were fine between the couple. The withdrawal makes that court visit the closing scene of a case that had run quietly alongside two years of very loud coverage.
A case that ran for twenty months
The petition itself was older than much of the commentary around it. The Indian Express reports the divorce case had been filed at Bandra family court on 5 December 2024, though it only became public knowledge months later. Through 2025 and 2026 the couple's marriage was discussed endlessly on podcasts, reality television and news pages, even as the case itself barely moved.
That gap between the legal record and the public conversation is what makes the withdrawal significant. Whatever was said on camera over the past two years, the only formal step either side had taken has now been reversed, and on the record.
Why the story resonates
Govinda and Sunita Ahuja married in 1987, before he became one of the biggest comedy stars Hindi cinema has produced, and their family — including children Tina and Yashvardhan — has remained a fixture of Mumbai's film community. Google search interest in Govinda spiked across India on Wednesday as the confirmation spread, particularly in Karnataka and other southern states where his 1990s films remain television staples.
The couple have not issued a joint statement, and the manager's remarks are the only on-record account of where things stand. For now, the record shows a case filed, a case withdrawn, and a family that says there is no separation.
This article is original commentary and analysis by The NE Times. Background facts were referenced from The Indian Express, NDTV, Times of India, Free Press Journal, Filmfare, Cinema Express.
You may also like to read

Akshaye Khanna's Shukracharya Look Out As Mahakali Glimpse Lands August 24
The makers of Prasanth Varma's Mahakali have revealed Akshaye Khanna's first look as Shukracharya and announced the film's first glimpse for August 24.

Apoorva Mukhija Says She Has Moved To New York To Pursue An MBA
Content creator Apoorva Mukhija, known as The Rebel Kid, says she has moved to New York to pursue an MBA, telling followers she no longer lives in India.

Amitabh Bachchan On KBC 18 Recalls Rejections: You Are Too Tall, Go Home
On KBC 18, Amitabh Bachchan recalled being told he was too tall and should go home during his early days in Hindi cinema, and being scolded and sent off a set.

Sunita Ahuja Withdraws Divorce Case Against Govinda, Manager Confirms
Sunita Ahuja has withdrawn her divorce petition against Govinda, the actor's manager Shashi Sinha confirmed, saying there is no separation between the couple.
More from this section
More
Jailer 2 OTT Rights Reportedly Sold For Rs 160 Crore, A Tamil Film Record
Rajinikanth's Jailer 2 has reportedly sold its OTT streaming rights for Rs 160 crore, the biggest digital deal ever for a Tamil film, ahead of its October release.

Ramayana To Become First Indian Film Released In ScreenX Worldwide
Namit Malhotra's Ramayana will be the first Indian film released worldwide in ScreenX, adding a 270-degree premium format to an already record-setting global rollout.

Awarapan 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore, Emraan Hashmi's First Solo Century
Awarapan 2 has crossed Rs 100 crore in India within a week, handing Emraan Hashmi the first solo Rs 100 crore film of his career and a clear win over Batwara 1947.