Entertainment

Bigg Boss 20 Cast Rumours: Who Is Reported and What Is Official?

Rajat Bedi, Niti Taylor, Jennifer Winget, Zayn Saifi and Ashish Chanchlani are in Bigg Boss 20 reports, but the makers have not named a cast.

Ananya Iyer

Commentary & Analysis ·

3 min read
Illustrative image for the story: Bigg Boss 20 Cast Rumours: Who Is Reported and What Is Official?
Illustrative image for the story: Bigg Boss 20 Cast Rumours: Who Is Reported and What Is Official? · Picture: The NE Times

The loudest Bigg Boss 20 cast story is a six-name list that has circulated across entertainment outlets: Rajat Bedi, Aryan Kelvin, Zayn Saifi, Ashish Chanchlani, Jennifer Winget and Niti Taylor. Siasat Daily published those names on August 14 and described them as reportedly locked, but the same article also stated that the makers had not announced the official contestant list. Indulge Express carried the same cluster and issued the same essential warning.

  • Siasat Daily reported on August 14 that six names were “reportedly locked”: Rajat Bedi, Aryan Kelvin, Zayn Saifi, Ashish Chanchlani, Jennifer Winget and Niti Taylor, while also stating that the makers had not announced an official list.
  • The Indian Express SCREEN reported on August 18 that its sources regarded Rajat Bedi as confirmed and Niti Taylor as being in final-stage discussions, but said Jennifer Winget’s reported participation might not be true.
  • Filmibeat reported on August 21 that a source close to production said Jennifer Winget would not be entering, directly conflicting with earlier lists that described her as locked.
  • Times Now Navbharat reported on August 22 that Zayn Saifi publicly addressed the annual Bigg Boss rumour cycle; his remarks did not amount to an official maker announcement.
  • Indulge Express reproduced the same six-name list on August 14 but explicitly warned that none of the names had been officially confirmed.
  • Times of India reported that Bigg Boss 20 is scheduled to premiere on September 6 with Salman Khan returning as host; that date is separate from the still-unannounced official contestant list.

That distinction should govern the headline. “Reportedly confirmed” is a description of an outlet’s sourcing, not confirmation from Colors TV, JioHotstar or the Bigg Boss production team. Until the makers name contestants publicly, thenetimes.in should treat every individual entry as a report attached to the outlet that made it.

Advertisement

SCREEN’s reporting narrows Rajat Bedi and complicates Niti Taylor

The Indian Express’s SCREEN vertical added more granularity on August 18. It reported, citing its sources, that Rajat Bedi had been confirmed for the show and that Niti Taylor was in the final stage of discussions. The same report said Geeta Basra and Showik Chakraborty had been finalised according to its sources, while a much longer list remained in talks.

Even here, the language should stay attributed. SCREEN’s sourcing may be stronger than a recycled social-media list, but it is not a public cast announcement from the makers. For Niti Taylor in particular, SCREEN explicitly stopped short of calling the deal final. That makes “in final-stage discussions, per SCREEN” more accurate than “confirmed contestant.”

Advertisement

Jennifer Winget shows why the word confirmed is risky

Jennifer Winget is the clearest example of why the current cast cycle should be treated as a rumour map rather than a roster. Siasat Daily and Indulge Express included her in the six-name list on August 14. Four days later, SCREEN reported that its own sources believed her participation might not be true. Filmibeat then reported on August 21 that a source close to the production house said there was no truth to reports that Jennifer would enter.

Those claims cannot all be converted into a single statement of fact. The responsible formulation is that Jennifer Winget has been named by some outlets, while other outlets with their own sourcing say she is not joining. The contradiction itself is the news value because it demonstrates how fluid pre-premiere reality-TV casting reports can be.

Advertisement

Zayn Saifi and Ashish Chanchlani remain names to watch, not announce

Zayn Saifi and Ashish Chanchlani were both included in the Siasat and Indulge six-name reports. Times Now Navbharat subsequently reported that Zayn addressed the yearly August rumour cycle around Bigg Boss, joking about the speculation rather than providing a maker-backed confirmation. Ashish, meanwhile, continues to appear in reported lists, but there is still no official contestant announcement from the show naming him.

What is safe to state is the programme information. Times of India has reported a September 6 premiere with Salman Khan returning as host, while the contestant lineup remains the unresolved part of the story. That is the clean reader service: show which outlet linked each name, surface the contradictions, and do not turn a pre-season sourcing contest into a fictional confirmed cast list.

This article is original commentary and analysis by The NE Times. Background facts were referenced from Siasat Daily - Six-name reportedly locked list and explicit note that makers had not announced the official cast, 14 Aug 2026., The Indian Express / SCREEN - Rajat Bedi source claim, Niti Taylor final-stage talks, Jennifer Winget doubt and other negotiations, 18 Aug 2026., Filmibeat - Production-source claim that Jennifer Winget and several other reported names are not entering, 21 Aug 2026., Times Now Navbharat - Zayn Saifi’s own response to Bigg Boss 20 entry rumours, 22 Aug 2026., Indulge Express - Six-name reported list with explicit no-official-confirmation caveat, 14 Aug 2026., Times of India - September 6 premiere reporting and Salman Khan hosting context, 19 Aug 2026..

Share
Sponsored Content

You may also like to read

More from this section

More